- Thursday August 3rd, 2023
- Posted by: inscameroun
ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL COMMITMENT PLAN
1. The Republic of Cameroon (the Recipient) shall implement the Harmonizing and Improving Statistics in West and Central Africa Project–Series of Projects Two (HISWACA–SOP2) (P180085) (the Project), with the involvement of the National Institute of Statistics (NIS) (the Project Implementing Entity or PIE), and in association with the Ministry of Finance and Ministry of the Economy, planning and regional development and other sectoral ministries, as set out in the Financing Agreement and the Project Agreement. The International Development Association (the Association) has agreed to provide financing for the Project, as set out in the referred agreements.
2. The Recipient shall ensure that the Project is carried out in accordance with the Environmental and Social Standards (ESSs) and this Environmental and Social Commitment Plan (ESCP), in a manner acceptable to the Association. The ESCP is a part of the Financing Agreement and Project Agreement. Unless otherwise defined in this ESCP, capitalized terms used in this ESCP have the meanings ascribed to them in the referred agreements.
3. Without limitation to the foregoing, this ESCP sets out material measures and actions that the Recipient shall carry out or cause to be carried out, including, as applicable, the timeframes of the actions and measures, institutional, staffing, training, monitoring and reporting arrangements, and grievance management. The ESCP also sets out the environmental and social (E&S) instruments that shall be adopted and implemented under the Project, all of which shall be subject to prior consultation and disclosure, consistent with the ESS, and in form and substance, and in a manner acceptable to the Association. Once adopted, said E&S instruments may be revised from time to time with prior written agreement by the Association.
4. As agreed by the Association and the Recipient, this ESCP will be revised from time to time if necessary, during Project implementation, to reflect adaptive management of Project changes and unforeseen circumstances or in response to Project performance. In such circumstances, the Recipient through the NIS and the Association agree to update the ESCP to reflect these changes through an exchange of letters signed between the Association and the Recipient, represented by the Minister of Economy, planning and regional development . The Recipient shall promptly disclose the updated ESCP.